If you do not have your Jan-Dhan account, then get your old account converted, the government is giving many special facilities
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Convert your bank account to Jan Dhan account-> Amid the ongoing lockdown across the country, the central government has also sent the second installment of 500 rupees to the female Jan Dhan account holders.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: Amid the ongoing lockdown across the country, the central government has also sent the second installment of 500 rupees to the female Jan Dhan account holders. In the midst of this crisis, the government is helping the poor people of the country financially. If you also want to open your Jan Dhan account or if you want to convert your old account into Jan Dhan account then it is quite easy. Let us tell you how you can convert your old account into a Jan Dhan account.
Get old account replaced in Jan Dhan account
If you want to convert your old account into the Jan-Dhan account, then you can do this quite easily. For this, you have to go to the bank branch, here you have to fill a form and apply for RuPay card. After doing this you will have to submit the form to the bank. Through this form, your bank account will be converted into the Jan-Dhan account.
Benefits of Jan Dhan Account
(1) Interest is available on deposits.
(2) Apart from this, the facility of free mobile banking is also provided with the account.
(3) If you have a Jan Dhan account, you can withdraw up to Rs 10,000 from your account through overdraft. But this facility is available only after proper maintenance of Jan Dhan’s account for a few months.
(4) Accidental insurance cover up to 2 lakh rupees.
(5) Life covers up to Rs 30,000, which is available on completion of eligibility conditions on the death of the beneficiary.
(6) A rupee debit card is given to the person opening the Jan Dhan account, from which he can withdraw money from the account or Can do shopping.
(7) It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through the Jan-Dhan account.
(8) If there is a Jan Dhan account, then accounts will be opened for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan.
(9) There is a facility of money transfer across the country.
(10) Money comes directly into the account of the benefits of government schemes.
There is no tension to keep the minimum balance
There is no need to maintain the minimum balance in the accounts opened under PMJDY. However, if you want the facility of checkbook then you will have to maintain a minimum balance.
If you want to open a new Jan Dhan account then do this!
If you want to open your Jan Dhan account then you have to go to your nearest bank. Here, you have to fill the Jan Dhan account form. You will have to fill all your details on it. The application customer has to provide his name, mobile number, bank branch name, applicant’s address, nominee, business/employment and annual income and number of dependents, SSA code or ward number, village code, or town code, etc.
This must be required document
According to the PMJDY website, you can open a Jan Dhan account through documents like passport, driving license, PAN card number, Voter ID card issued by Election Commission, MNREGA job card with the signature of a state government official.